There are a few things to consider when purchasing one of the best BMX bikes. The first is the type of riding you’ll be doing. There are three main types of BMX riding: freestyle, racing, and dirt jumping.
10 best BMX bikes
- Please select the correct bike size. The 16 inch is a Kids BMX Bike for 3ft to 3ft 6 inch. The 20 inch is for Teen and Adult BMX Bike for 4ft to 5ft 10 inch.
- BMX Bicycles 20" Frame: Hi-Tensile Steel (20 inch Top-Tube) FORK: Hi-tensile steel 1 1/8
- HEADSET: 1 1/8" standard unsealed
- SPROCKET: 25T HUB: F 3/8 & R 14mm
- PEDALS: 1/2 " Threads Plastic Platform
- L20 is a stylish freestyle BMX bike that offers everything a beginning rider needs to hit the streets and pop off curbs, Suggested rider height is 4’8”-5’4”
- Built to last with its Hi-Ten steel frame, removable brake mounts, and a top tube length of 20.25 inches
- Boasts a high-performance drivetrain equipped with 170mm one-piece forged steel cranks, a 25T alloy chainring, and an American loose ball bottom bracket
- Wheelset is equipped with 20” x 2.3” tires mounted on aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub
- Single rear aluminum U-brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the Hi-Ten steel handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance
- Legion L18 offers a great middle-ground for kids who want the features of a standard 20" BMX bike but require a slightly smaller frame, Recommended rider height between 3'8" and 4'8"
- Durable Hi-Ten steel frame with 16.9” top tube length
- Drivetrain features a 140 mm one-piece crank with a 25T alloy chainring and American loose ball bottom bracket
- Wheelset features 18” x 2.3” tires mounted on aluminum single wall 28H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub
- Aluminum U-brake provides precision speed control, while the Hi-Ten steel handlebar and fork are joined by a 40 mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance
- Custom Tony Hawk design and graphics
- Front and rear caliper brakes
- Front and rear pegs
- Freestyle bike with custom grips
- L80 is a fully park, street or dirt worthy freestyle BMX bike, Hi-Ten steel 9 inch rise handlebar that will make you stand out at the bike park, Suggested rider height is 5’6” - 6'0".
- Ultra-durable Mongoose 4130 Chromoly front triangle, along with removable brake mounts and a mid BB shell, with a top tube length of 20.75 inches
- Drivetrain features 175 mm 3-piece tubular chromoly hollow spindle cranks with a 25T steel chainring and mid sealed bearing bottom bracket.
- Wheelset features 20” x 2.3” tires mounted on wide aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
- Aluminum U-brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the 4130 chromoly handlebar and fork are joined by a 50 mm stem and threadless sealed integrated headset for maximum steering performance.
- Strong Steel Frame and Fork
- 20" Tires
- Front & Rear Hand Brakes
- Freestyle Rotor
- Front Pegs
- Beginning Rider Design - The Crossea18 is a great first BMX bike for young riders that offers everything a beginning rider needs to hit the streets! Suggested rider height is 3'5" - 4'3".
- Durable Frame - The frame is made from strong Hi-Ten steel to give riders reliable support and long-lasting comfort and is perfect for the street, park or trails with 17.3" top tube length.
- Easy to Ride - The drivetrain features 152 mm one-piece crank with a 32T chainring. Aluminum U-brake and Hand-brake levers provide precision speed control.
- Reliable Wheelset - The wheelset features 18" x 2.125" tires mounted on aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8" female axle hubs and 16T cog freewheel.
- Easy to Assemble - 85% of the bike is assembled and comes with assembly tools. It's backed by a limited life time warranty.
- Stylish Design -The Syzygy is a stylish freestyle BMX bike that offers everything a rider needs to hit the streets and pop off curbs! Suggested rider height is 4'7" - 6'1".
- Durable Frame - The frame is made from strong Hi-Ten steel to give riders reliable support and long-lasting comfort and is perfect for the street, park or trails with 20.5" top tube length.
- Ride for Fun - The drivetrain features 170 mm three-piece crank with a 25T chainring. Aluminum U-brake and Hand-brake levers provide precision speed control.
- Reliable Wheelset - The wheelset features 20" x 2.4" tires mounted on aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8" female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub. 4 cool BMX pegs are included.
- Easy to Assemble - 85% of the bike is assembled and comes with assembly tools. It's backed by a limited life time warranty.
- BMX BIKES DESIGNED BY AN EXPERIENCED BMX PRO with everything a beginner needs to start mastering tricks. Hyper 18 Inch BMX features platform premium performance pedals, a premium padded seat and a rotor for 360 degree handlebar rotation.
- HYPER BMX IS READY TO RIDE FOR BIKE PARKS AND BIKE TRIALS. Our all-terrain freestyle model BMX bikes for adults and kids come with one set of pegs, front caliper and rear brakes, and multi-surface tires for any BMX adventure.
- A SUPERIOR QUALITY BIKE WITH A CUTTING EDGE DESIGN. The Hyper BMX bikes 18 Inch allows you to do all your tricks in style with a custom eye-catching multi-colored Jet Fuel finish on the durable steel frame, forks, and handlebars.
- BUILT FOR THE TRUE BMX BIKE ENTHUSIAST READY TO CONQUER THE MOST DIFFICULT PUMP TRACKS. Hyper BMX for adult or kids bicycles have a max rider weight of 220 lbs with all the durability you'll need for your next gnarly adventure.
- HYPER BICYCLES, INC. was established by former BMX Pro Clay Goldsmid in the USA in 1990 and has grown to be a globally recognized brand committed to supporting BMX riders, mountain bike enthusiasts, and everyday adventurers who love the outdoors.
- It's back; Live the dream on the legendary Predator Team 24 by Schwinn, based on the Classic 1983 design
- Just like the original, This model features hi tensile steel and Chrome color, rattrap pedals, and aluminum alloy rims with Gum wall tires
- It's got 80's style for days, Featuring a steel frame with high shine finish and authentic decals
- 24 Inch wheels and steel axels are ready for racing on dirt or pavement; Front and rear caliper brake provides reliable stopping power
- Fits riders age 8 and up; This bike comes ready to be assembled and includes a limited lifetime for as long as you own the bike
Here are 10 of our favorite BMX bikes. No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it on this list.
1. Mongoose Title Pro XXL Race Bike
The Mongoose Title Pro XXL is a race-ready bike that is built to handle the rigors of competition. With a lightweight aluminum frame and powerful components, this bike is designed to give you the edge on the race course.
The Mongoose Title Pro XXL is equipped with Shimano Sora shifters and derailleurs for precise shifting, and features a compact crankset for increased pedaling efficiency. Additionally, this bike comes equipped with Tektro brakes for reliable stopping power. For those looking for a race-ready bike that can take them to the next level, the Mongoose Title Pro XXL is an excellent choice.
2. Redline Bikes RL20 II
When it comes to BMX racing, the Redline Bikes RL20 II is a bike that is built for speed and performance. With its lightweight aluminum frame and race-ready geometry, this bike is ready to take on the competition. And with its 20-inch wheels, it is able to roll over any obstacle in its path. Whether you are just starting out in BMX racing or you are a seasoned pro, the RL20 II is a bike that can help you reach your full potential.
3. Haro Shredder 20″ Bike
If you’re looking for a bike that can handle any terrain, the Haro Shredder 20″ is the perfect choice. With its durable frame and components, this bike is built to last. The Shredder 20″ also features a suspension fork that absorbs shocks and makes for a smoother ride. Whether you’re riding on pavement or dirt, the Shredder 20″ will get you where you need to go.
4. GT Bikes Aggressor Pro
If you’re looking for a bike that can handle anything you throw at it, the GT Aggressor Pro is the perfect choice. With its durable frame and suspension fork, this bike is built to take on anything from rough trails to urban streets. TheAggressor Pro comes equipped with a Shimano drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, making it a versatile and reliable machine. Whether you’re tackling your favorite singletrack or commuting to work, the Aggressor Pro will get you there with ease.
5. Diamondback Bicycles Recoil 29er Full Suspension Mountain Bike
The Diamondback Recoil 29er full suspension mountain bike is a great choice for those looking for a durable and reliable ride. Featuring an aluminum frame and suspension fork, this bike is built to last. Additionally, the 29-inch wheels provide plenty of traction and stability on rough terrain. Finally, the Shimano shifters and derailleurs offer smooth shifting performance. Overall, the Diamondback Recoil 29er is an excellent option for anyone in the market for a full suspension mountain bike.
6. Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
Specialized has been at the forefront of mountain bike design and innovation for many years, and their S-Works Demo 8 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike is no exception. This highly capable bike is designed to take on the most challenging terrain, and with its lightweight carbon fiber frame and innovative suspension design, it does so with ease.
The Demo 8 is also equipped with a powerful Shimano XTR drivetrain, making it a true force to be reckoned with on the trails. Whether you’re looking to tackle the toughest downhill courses or simply want a trail bike that can do it all, the Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike is more than up for the task.
7. Trek Session 9.9 Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
The Trek Session 9.9 is a high-end mountain bike that features a carbon fiber frame. This bike is designed for serious riders who want a lightweight and durable bike that can handle any terrain. The Session 9.9 has a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for those looking for a top-of-the-line mountain bike.
The frame of the Trek Session 9.9 is made from carbon fiber, which makes it extremely lightweight and strong. This material is also very stiff, which gives the bike excellent power transfer and handling. The suspension on this bike is provided by Fox Racing Shox, which are some of the best in the business. This suspension system provides both comfort and control, making it perfect for those who want to go fast and hard on the trails.
8. Santa Cruz Bicycles Nomad Carbon CC Mountain Bike
The Santa Cruz Bicycles Nomad Carbon CC Mountain Bike has been designed for aggressive riding, and features a full carbon frame and fork. It is equipped with a SRAM X01 Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, and features RockShox suspension components. This bike is ready to take on any terrain, and will help you push your limits.
9. Intense Cycles Tracer 27.5″ Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike
When you’re looking for a bike that can handle any terrain, the Intense Cycles Tracer 27.5″ Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike is the perfect choice. With its lightweight carbon frame and powerful suspension, this bike is built for speed and agility. And with its 27.5″ wheels, it can roll over anything in its path. Whether you’re hitting the trails or the streets, the Tracer is ready for anything.
10. Norco Bicycles Aurum HSP 6.2 Mountain Bike
The Norco Bicycles Aurum HSP 6.2 Mountain Bike is a top-of-the-line mountain bike that is perfect for serious riders who want the best performance and features. The bike features a lightweight aluminum frame, hydraulic disc brakes, and a suspension fork that can handle any terrain. The Aurum HSP 6.2 is a great choice for riders who want a high-performance mountain bike that can take them anywhere.
If you’re looking for a mountain bike that can take your riding to the next level, the Norco Bicycles Aurum HSP 6.2 is the perfect choice. With its lightweight aluminum frame, hydraulic disc brakes, and suspension fork, the Aurum HSP 6.2 can handle any terrain you throw at it. Whether you’re hitting the trails or the roads, this bike is built for serious riders who want the best performance and features. If you’re looking for a high-performance mountain bike that can take you anywhere, the Aurum HSP 6.2 is the perfect choice.
What are the different types of BMX bikes?
Freestyle BMX is focused on tricks and flatland riding. Street, park, and vert riding fall under this category. Flatland riders perform tricks on level ground, while street and park riders use obstacles such as stairs, rails, and ramps. Vert riders take it to the extreme with large airs off half pipes and quarter pipes.
Racing BMX is just that – racing. These bikes are designed for speed and agility, and are not meant for doing tricks. If you’re interested in racing, there are two main types of racing: BMX racing and dirt jumping. BMX racing takes place on a track with jumps, berms, and other obstacles. Dirt jumping is similar to BMX racing, but instead of taking place on a track, it takes place on dirt jumps or in a skatepark.
The last type of BMX riding is dirt jumping. This is similar to BMX racing, but instead of taking place on a track, it takes place on dirt jumps or in a skatepark. Dirt jumping bikes are designed for stability and durability, as they will be taking a lot of abuse.
What to consider before buying one of the best BMX bikes
The next thing to consider when purchasing a BMX bike is the size. BMX bikes come in two different sizes: 20″ and 24″. The 20″ bikes are the most popular, as they are easier to maneuver and do tricks on. The 24″ bikes are designed for taller riders and for racing.
When choosing a BMX bike, it’s important to pick one that fits your riding style. If you’re interested in doing tricks, then you’ll want a freestyle bike. If you’re interested in racing, then you’ll want a racing bike. And if you’re interested in dirt jumping, then you’ll want a dirt jumping bike.
Once you’ve decided on the type of riding you’ll be doing and the size of the bike you need, it’s time to start looking at brands. There are many different BMX brands out there, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. It’s important to do your research and read reviews before purchasing a bike.
What are the best BMX brands?
Some of the top BMX brands include Mongoose, Diamondback, Haro, and Redline. These brands offer a variety of different bikes, so it’s important to find one that fits your riding style and needs.
What is the most popular BMX bike brand?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, such as personal preference, budget and riding style. However, some of the most popular BMX bike brands include Mongoose, GT and Haro. These brands are all known for their quality bikes and components, which makes them a great choice for both beginner and experienced riders alike.
What bikes do professional BMX riders use?
Professional BMX riders tend to use one of two types of bikes: racing bikes and freestyle bikes. Racing bikes, as the name suggests, are designed for racing. They are lightweight and have thin tires that help them achieve high speeds. Freestyle bikes, on the other hand, are designed for tricks and stunts. They are heavier than racing bikes and have thicker tires that provide more stability.
What’s the fastest BMX?
The answer to this question is complicated and depends on a number of factors. In general, the fastest BMX bikes are those that are designed for racing. However, even within the world of racing BMX bikes, there are different categories and subcategories, each with its own set of rules and regulations. As such, it is difficult to make a definitive statement about which type of BMX bike is the absolute fastest.
That said, there are some factors that can be taken into account when trying to determine which BMX bike is the fastest. One important factor is the weight of the bike. Heavier bikes tend to be slower than lighter ones, so a racing BMX bike that is on the lighter side is likely to be faster than a heavier bike that is not designed for racing. Another important factor is the aerodynamics of the bike. Again, racing BMX bikes are typically designed to be as aerodynamic as possible, which helps them go faster.
So, while it is difficult to say definitively which BMX bike is the fastest, there are some factors that can be taken into account when making a comparison. In general, lighter weight and more aerodynamic bikes are likely to be faster than heavier and less aerodynamic ones. However, there are many different types of BMX bikes out there, so it is always best to consult with an expert before making a purchase.
How do I choose a BMX bike?
When it comes to choosing a BMX bike, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is the size of the bike. BMX bikes come in two main sizes – 20″ and 24″. The 20″ is the most popular size and is suitable for most riders. If you’re taller than average or have longer legs, you might want to go for the 24″.
The next thing to consider is the type of riding you’ll be doing. If you’re planning on doing mostly street riding, then you’ll want a bike with smaller wheels and a shorter frame. For park or ramp riding, you’ll need a bike with bigger wheels and a longer frame.
Once you’ve decided on the size and type of bike you need, you can start looking at specific models. There are hundreds of different BMX bikes on the market, so it’s important to do your research before you buy.
Read online reviews, check out videos of people riding the bikes you’re interested in, and talk to your friends who ride BMX bikes. With a little bit of effort, you’re sure to find the perfect BMX bike for your needs.
Who is the number 1 BMX rider in the world?
There is no definitive answer to this question as BMX rankings are constantly changing and there is no official ranking system in place. However, based on recent results and standings, the current number 1 BMX rider in the world is probably American rider Chase BMXer Shawn Macario.
Shawn has had an incredible career so far, winning multiple gold medals at both the X-Games and the UCI World Championships. He is also a multiple time winner of the Dew Tour circuit. With such a decorated career, it is no surprise that Shawn is considered one of the best BMX riders in the world today.
Is BMX still popular?
Yes, BMX is still popular. In fact, it has seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years. BMX is a relatively inexpensive sport to get into, and it provides a great workout. Additionally, BMX is a very social sport, with many riders forming close-knit communities. Whether you’re looking to compete or just have some fun, BMX is definitely worth checking out.
The best BMX bikes are those that can provide riders with the utmost performance and durability. There are many factors to consider when choosing the best BMX bike, such as the type of riding you do, the terrain you ride on, and your personal riding style. To help you choose the best BMX bike for your needs, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 BMX bikes on the market, based on our findings.
The bottom line on the best BMX bikes
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best BMX bike for you. First, think about what kind of riding you want to do. If you want to ride on dirt trails, look for a bike with thicker tires. If you want to ride on pavement, look for a bike with thinner tires.
Second, think about the size of the bike. You want a bike that is big enough to be comfortable but not so big that it’s hard to control. Third, think about the weight of the bike. A lighter bike will be easier to maneuver but a heavier bike will be more durable. Finally, think about your budget. There are some great BMX bikes out there that don’t cost a lot of money, so don’t feel like you have to spend a lot to get a good bike.