When it comes to outdoor cooking, nothing beats the best outdoor pizza ovens. A wood-fired pizza oven can take your backyard cooking to the next level, and it’s a great way to entertain guests.
If you’re thinking about adding a wood-fired pizza oven to your outdoor kitchen, there are a few things you should know. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about choosing the best outdoor pizza oven for your needs, including what to look for in a good oven and how to use it. 🍕
10 best outdoor pizza ovens
- 【Multi-functional Outdoor Pizza Oven】 Our outdoor oven is much more than a pizza oven, as well as roasting meat, steaks, fish, bread and vegetable dishes and so much more. With the 12" pizza stone, you’ll get that perfect crispy crust on the bottom and around the edges of the pizza.
- 【Temperature Control】 Our outdoor pizza oven is ready to cook in 10 minutes. It reaches temperatures up to 550°F (287°C), cooking delicious pizza in 6-7 minutes. The built-in thermometer lets you keep an eye on the temperature while cooking. Our pizza oven has an adjustable chimney and air outlet which can easily control the firepower and the smoke.
- 【Practical Design】There is a detachable storage space for carbon ash, which is convenient for you to remove carbon ash. Easy to move with 2 large wheels and a side handle. An open shelf under the oven where you can store wood.
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】 The outdoor pizza oven is made of high-quality iron which improves overall stability and ensures even heat transfer inside. The powder-coated carbon steel shell offers optimal heat retention.
- 【INCLUDED】$199 Value Accessory comes with a waterproof cover, 12x12 inches pizza stone, a pizza peel, stainless steel pizza cutter wheel, Pizza Oven Brush, Heat Resistant Oven Glove, Pizza Stands, two baking trays, and two carbon meshes.
- GREAT PIZZA – A motto that Ooni Pizza Ovens live by – We believe that everybody deserves great pizza and our Ooni Karu 12 Multi-fuel pizza oven has been designed with that sole purpose in mind.
- DONE IN 60 SECONDS – Fire up the Ooni Karu 12 with wood or charcoal straight out the box, or use with the Ooni Gas Burner attachment (sold separately) to cook with gas. The Karu 12 will be ready to cook in 15 minutes reaching a massive 950°F – Cooking authentic stone baked pizza in just 60 seconds! Giving you more time to sit back and relax in your backyard while enjoying great pizzas
- HOT NEW FEATURES – A custom designed fuel tray that maximises airflow and delivers a powerful blast of searing flame allows the Ooni Karu 12 pizza oven to maintain the ultra-high temperatures – load it up with real wood or charcoal, with no excess ash to clean
- ULTRA PORTABLE – Weighing only 26.4lbs this outdoor pizza oven can be moved around easily but has all the power and heat of a larger wood fired pizza oven
- NEXT LEVEL PIZZA – Level up your pizza game with one of Ooni’s most popular ovens and learn how to become a true pizzaiolo – or discover that you can even use your pizza oven to cook steak, fish or veg in one of our cast iron range of cookware
- 【Premium & Safe Stainless Steel】Outdoor Ovens pellet pizza oven is constructed with high-quality stainless steel. This sturdy and compact oven is safe for cooking all types of foods
- 【Great Oven for Neapolitan Style Pizza】Our pellet pizza oven is ready to cook in 18 minutes. It reaches temperatures up to 860°F (460°C), cooking delicious pizza in 90 seconds or less, as well as roasting steaks, fish, lamp chops, burgers, salmon and vegetable dishes and so much more
- 【Ultra-Portable & Ease of Assembly】 The durable and lightweight pizza oven equipped with folding legs, requires minimal assembly without tools, it can quickly come apart for easy cleaning, storage and it weighs just 25lb, ideal for the backyard or outdoor cooking events
- 【Easy Use & Cook Evenly】Preheat oven for 18 minutes. Slide in that pizza, turn it often and enjoy! Cooking outdoors with wood pellet has never been so simple. Little sauce & minimal toppings are best on Neapolitan. Cheers!
- 【Dimension】The overall dimension of this unit is 21.6''L x 14.2”W x 24''H. Square Pizza Stone dimension: 12''L x 12''W
- ❤ENJOY PIZZA IN 60 SECONDS - This gas pizza oven with 23000 BTU burners can reach a high temperature of 662 ºF in 5-7 minutes, done a pizza with maximum temperature of 1180 °F in 60 seconds, the arc-shaped furnace chamber design of this propane pizza oven can save and circulate the heat energy to the maximum
- ❤UNIQUE DESIGN - BIG HORN OUTDOORS gas pizza oven is made of high quality stainless steel, specially designed for outdoor application, stable construction is easy to take apart for CLEANING, STORAGEE and MOVING, this portable propane pizza oven can be easily assembled and installed in minutes
- ❤GREAT FEATURES - A built-in thermometer helps you to know the inside temperature when using this gas pizza oven, two control knobs make this pizza oven easier to ignite, four antiskid foots protect your table top and make sure the propane pizza oven can sit on the table top steadily, five holes on the door is for observing and controlling the combustion status
- ❤MULTI-FUNCTION PIZZA OVEN - Dimension of this gas pizza oven is 22.5x22x19.5 inch, large cooking area of 13 inch is not just for baking pizzas, but also perfect for roasting steaks, chicken, fish, lamb chops, sausages and vegetable dishes, enjoy a restaurant level cooking experience with this propane pizza oven
- ❤WHAT IS INCLUDE - This gas pizza oven will come with a foldable pizza peel which can be put inside the propane pizza oven when not in use, a 13 inch pizza stone which absorbs moisture & has superior heat retention, great for cooking fresh or frozen pizza, and a 5 feet propane regulator hose for many occasions like barbecue party, camping or catering event
- Wood pellet pizza oven can cook 12 inch pizza for multiple people to share, suitable for family party The Outdoor pizza oven
- Pizza oven：Using hardwood pellet fuel allows for a balanced, reliable burn, providing the perfect burn-smoke ratio, adding a special flavor of smoky wood to food that gas grills don't have.
- New features: Built-in thermometer, no need to use additional infrared thermometer, the oven temperature expressed 662℉ (350℃) when you can start cooking pizza or other cuisine.
- Mobile grill:Pizza oven outdoor portable folding leg design allows you to eat your own handmade delicious pizza anywhere
- Multi-function: Not only can you make pizza, even steak, lamb chops, chicken wings or even vegetables, don't limit your creativity!
- 🍕【Wood Fired Pizza Oven】Our outdoor pizza oven is much more than a pizza cooker - use your pizza ovens to bread, roast meat and fish. Note: fueled by real wood or charcoal, but cooking pizza must use wood (recommended to use dry hardwoods like oak)
- 🍕【Precise Temperature Control】Our wood burning pizza oven can reach high temperatures of over 700°F / 371.1°C (depending on the number of wood) in 5 minutes, for fresh stone-baked pizza in just 6-7 minutes. The built-in thermometer lets you keep an eye on your temperature levels while you’re cooking
- 🍕【Heavy-duty Construction】High-grade steel enables maximum stability and also ensures even heat transfer inside. Powder-coated painted surfaces are specially treated for long-lasting corrosion resistance. The unique insulating design creates a heating envelope that allows your oven to reach high temperatures quickly while remaining cool on the outside
- 🍕【Innovative Design】Our mobile pizza oven has an adjustable chimney and air outlet which can easily control the firepower and the smoke. The side handle and 2 wheels for high movability. It's practical for backyard, deck, or camping. Plus, there is an open shelf under the oven where you can store woods
- 🍕【Complete Accessories】The considerate accessories include a waterproof cover, 12x12 inches pizza stone, peel, two baking trays, and two carbon meshes. In addition, there is a storage space for carbon ash, which is convenient for you to remove the carbon ash
- 【4 in 1 Pizza Oven】The 2-tier detachable design means you can use 2 functions simultaneously. When you put the pizzello gusto oven top on the grill to make pizza, you could still use the fire box to barbeque. Are any More Functions? Take it as a 12 inches stand-alone fire pit, a charcoal bbq grill, or a pizza baking oven—Real 4 functions in one.
- 【Turn Your Grill into A Pizza Oven】With multifunction design, you can convert your fire pit into professional pizza ovens, which meet the needs of family dinner, party and friend gathering. Not only cooking pizza, subs, pretzels, and a wide variety of foods such as potatoes, chicken tenders, shrimp, and pastries. Perfect for daily and holiday use.
- 【Practical Design】We understand the importance of heating, so we make vents at the side pellet pizza oven walls, which allows for heat to circulate evenly, making sure your pizza is cooked to perfection every time. The cordierite pizza stone ensure pulls outer moisture off the dough and promotes perfect crust, leaving the inside moist and fluffy.
- 【Easy Carrying & Use】 Outdoor pizza oven is designed with top and side carry handles, easy carrying without hurting yourself. When you want to use it outdoors, you can take portable pizza oven out without any effort. Set up the fire is very easy, you could take either wood, pellet, or charcoal to start your first pizza.
- 【What You Get】Pizzello wood fired pizza oven kit comes with 1 x 12" Grill Pizza Oven, 1 x Fire Pit, 1 x Stainless Steel Pizza Peel, 1 x12" Pizza Stone, 1 x Waterproof Cover to prevent dust, 1x Ash Tray for collect and easy removal of ash. Easy to assemble and quick to start making mouth-watering dishes for your loved ones.
- Restaurant Quality Faster than Delivery – The MasterPRO Pizza Oven delivers mouth-watering 12” Neapolitan pizza in less than 90 seconds.
- Everything you Need – You’ll get everything you need to start enjoying your new MasterPRO Pizza Oven right away! This 5-piece set includes the outdoor pizza oven with gas hose, pizza stone, 12” aluminum pizza screen, pizza peel, and a convenient carry bag.
- Versatility at the Core – The MasterPRO Pizza Oven can do so much more than just make pizzas at lightning speed. Fire up the pizza oven to sear meat, roast vegetables, cook salmon, bake bread, and so much more!
- Easy Heating – Featuring a heat dial to easily adjust temperature, the MasterPRO Pizza Oven reaches 950 degrees Fahrenheit in 15 - 20 minutes.
- Easy Storage – The MasterPRO Pizza Oven features foldable legs for easy storage. Coupled with the included carry bag, storing, and transporting your pizza oven until the next outdoor gathering will be a breeze.
- 【Large 2-layer Cooking Capacity】: Featuring a 2-layer design, the outdoor pizza oven has a total internal cooking area of 288 square inches. This allows you to cook pizza and grill steak, fish or vegetables at the same time. In addition, the center cooking rack is removable to accommodate larger food items.
- 【Easily Adjustable Operation】: Both the door and the chimney have vents that can be opened or closed to adjust the air content for different temperatures. It is recommended to place the pizza stone on the lower level, where the temperature is higher than on the upper level.
- 【Complete Accessories】: The pizza oven comes with a pizza stone, cooking rack, pizza peel and waterproof cover. You will find it easier to use this outdoor pizza maker. Made of high quality 600D Oxford fabric, the cover adapts to the outdoor environment for better protection.
- 【Not Just a Pizza Oven】: Besides pizza, this outdoor pizza maker can also cook steak, sausage, chicken wings, vegetables, etc. Thus, the wood fired pizza oven is ideal for the party, picnic and camping. You are able to enjoy delicious food with your family and friends.
- 【Lightweight & Portable Design】: The outdoor pizza oven weighs only 23 lbs for easy portability. There are also 2 stainless steel handles on each side. You can fold the legs to the bottom so that the pizza oven can be put in the truck and transported to other places.
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Kickoff the pizza party anywhere with the ultra-portable PoBoy Wood-Fired Pizza Oven; Transport with ease and set up in a snap with the safe-touch wooden carrying handle, detachable chimney & fold-up legs; Perfect for outdoor kitchens, small spaces, or as a camping oven
- ULTIMATE PIZZA OVEN KIT: All-in-one essential pizza oven accessories kit included; Comes with a pizza peel with a wooden handle, 12” baking stone, laser temp gun, fire starter, and blower
- WOOD-FIRED PIZZA IN MINUTES: Heats up wood pellets in as little as 15-minutes; Temps reach over 900℉ for fast and fresh wood-fired pizza; 12” x 12” pizza stone ensures a chewy, crisp crust; Try cooking with a cast iron skillet for roasting veggies, searing meats, baking cornbread, and more
- MORE FLAVOR. LESS FUEL: The dome shape is ideal for balanced heat distribution while cooking; Heat retention technology gives that true, smoky wood-fired flavor with less fuel use; Find the ideal draft with the adjustable chimney and protect your eyes from heat
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Preferred by Chefs and outdoor foodies alike for the perfect wood-fired taste; Built with long-lasting stainless steel that is easy to clean and maintain for years to come
When it comes to outdoor pizza ovens, there are a lot of options on the market. It can be difficult to decide which one is right for you and your family. This list of the best outdoor pizza ovens should help you narrow down your choices and find the perfect oven for your needs.
1. Brickwood Ovens Controller-Pro Bundle Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Brickwood Ovens Controller-Pro Bundle Outdoor Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want a high-quality, durable oven that will last for years. This oven features a stainless steel construction and a double-wall insulation that helps keep the heat in, so your pizzas will always come out perfectly cooked. This oven also includes a pizza stone, a pizza peel, and a thermometer, so you have everything you need to get started making pizzas right away.
2. Pizzacraft PC7001 Rectangular ThermaBond Pizza Stone
The Pizzacraft PC7001 Rectangular ThermaBond Pizza Stone is a great option for those who want an oven that heats evenly and cooks pizzas quickly. This stone is made from ThermaBond material, which is designed to retain heat better than other materials.
3. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want an authentic pizza-making experience. This oven features a stone hearth that cooks pizzas evenly and a temperature gauge that lets you know when the oven is at the perfect temperature for cooking.
4. Uuni Pro Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Uuni Pro Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want an oven that can use multiple fuel sources. This oven can be used with wood, charcoal, or gas, so you can use whatever fuel you have on hand.
5. Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Pizza Oven
The Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want an oven that cooks pizzas quickly. This oven also features a stone baking board that ensures your pizzas come out evenly cooked every time.
6. Cuisinart CPO-600 Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Cuisinart CPO-600 Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want an oven that is easy to transport. This oven also features a compact design that makes it easy to take with you on the go.
7. Waring Pro DPI200Pizza Oven
The Waring Pro DPI200 Pizza Oven is a great addition to any kitchen. This oven can bake pizzas up to 12 inches in diameter, and it has a top temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The pizza oven also has a 30-minute timer, so you can easily keep track of your baking time. The Waring Pro DPI200 Pizza Oven is made of durable stainless steel, and it has a non-stick coating that makes cleanup a breeze.
8. Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Blackstone Outdoor Pizza Oven is a great option. It has a fixed stone and a rotating stone, so you can cook pizzas quickly and easily.
9. Pizzacraft PC7001 PizzaQue Outdoor Pizza Oven KIT for Gas Grills
This oven comes in at an affordable price point, and is a great option. If you want a simple way to make pizzas outside, this is it.
10. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven is a great option for those who want an oven that is easy to use. This oven features a simple design that makes it easy to operate.
Types of outdoor pizza ovens
When it comes to choosing an outdoor pizza oven, there are two main types: gas and wood-fired. Gas pizza ovens are powered by propane or natural gas, and they’re the most popular type of outdoor pizza oven. They’re easy to use and maintain, and they can reach high temperatures quickly. However, gas pizza ovens can be expensive, and they don’t have the same authentic flavor as a wood-fired oven.
Wood-fired pizza ovens are powered by wood, and they’re the traditional choice for making pizza. Wood-fired ovens take longer to heat up than gas ovens, but they can reach higher temperatures. This allows the pizza to cook evenly with a crispy crust. Wood-fired pizza ovens also have a more authentic flavor, and they’re less expensive than gas ovens.
Choosing an outdoor pizza oven
When choosing an outdoor pizza oven, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider the size of the oven and how many people you plan to feed. If you have a large family or entertain often, you’ll need a larger oven. Second, think about the fuel type. Gas pizza ovens are more popular, but wood-fired ovens have a more authentic flavor. Third, consider the price. Gas pizza ovens can be expensive, but wood-fired ovens are typically less expensive. Finally, make sure to read reviews before purchasing an outdoor pizza oven. This will help you find the best oven for your needs and budget.
How to use an outdoor pizza oven
Now that you know what to look for in an outdoor pizza oven, it’s time to learn how to use it. Wood-fired pizza ovens take longer to heat up than gas ovens, so you’ll need to plan ahead. Start by lighting the fire and allowing the wood to burn down to embers. Then, sweep out the ashes and add more wood if needed. Next, Preheat the oven by placing a pizza stone inside and running the flames up the sides of the oven. Once the oven is hot, place your pizza on the stone and cook for 2-3 minutes.
If you’re using a gas pizza oven, preheat the oven according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Then, place your pizza on the cooking surface and cook for 2-3 minutes.
How long can I store pizza?
Pizza is best when it’s fresh, so only make as much as you can eat. Leftover pizza can be stored in the fridge for up to four days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Best outdoor pizza ovens – detailed analysis
Pizza is a dish that has been around for centuries, and its popularity is only increasing. A good pizza should be crispy, thin, and full of flavor. While there are many ways to make a great pizza, using an outdoor pizza oven is one of the best.
If you’re looking for an outdoor pizza oven, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you’ll need to decide what size and type of oven you want. There are small, portable ovens that are perfect for tailgating or picnics. There are also larger, more permanent ovens that can be installed in your backyard.
Once you’ve decided on the size and type of oven you want, you’ll need to decide on the fuel source. The most common fuel sources for outdoor pizza ovens are wood, charcoal, or gas. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks, so you’ll need to decide which is right for you.
Wood-fired ovens tend to produce the best pizzas. The wood imparts a unique flavor to the crust and the flames create a crispy crust. However, wood-fired ovens can be difficult to control and may require more attention than other types of outdoor pizza ovens.
Charcoal-fired outdoor pizza ovens are a popular choice because they’re easy to use and produce great-tasting pizzas. However, charcoal can be messy and difficult to clean up.
Gas-fired outdoor pizza ovens are the most expensive option, but they’re also the easiest to use. Gas-fired ovens produce consistent results and can be controlled with ease.
Once you’ve decided on the size, type, and fuel source for your outdoor pizza oven, you’ll need to choose the right one for your needs. There are many different brands and models of outdoor pizza ovens on the market, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
Are backyard pizza ovens worth it?
If you’re a pizza lover, then you know that there’s nothing quite like a fresh, wood-fired pizza. The intense heat of the oven creates a crispy crust and melts the cheese perfectly. And when it comes to flavor, wood-fired pizzas simply can’t be beat.
So, if you’re thinking about buying a backyard pizza oven, you might be wondering if it’s worth the investment. Here’s what you need to know.
First of all, backyard pizza ovens can be quite expensive. Depending on the model and features you choose, you could end up spending several thousand dollars.
However, if you love pizza as much as we do, we think it’s worth every penny! Not only will you be able to enjoy delicious wood-fired pizzas at home, but you’ll also be the envy of all your friends and neighbors.
Another thing to consider is that backyard pizza ovens require some upkeep. You’ll need to keep the oven clean and properly maintained in order to get the best results.
So, if you’re not prepared to put in a little bit of work, then a backyard pizza oven might not be right for you. But if you’re willing to do what it takes to keep your oven in tip-top shape, then we think you’ll be very happy with your purchase.
In short, if you love pizza and are willing to invest in a quality backyard pizza oven, then we think it’s definitely worth the cost.
How big should an outdoor pizza oven be?
When deciding on the size of your outdoor pizza oven, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is how many people you plan on cooking for at one time. If you only ever plan on cooking for a small group of friends, then a smaller oven will suffice. However, if you often entertain large groups or host parties, then you’ll need a larger oven that can accommodate more pizzas at once.
Another thing to consider is the space you have available in your backyard or patio. If you have a large outdoor area, then you can opt for a bigger oven. But if your space is limited, then you’ll need to choose a smaller model.
Finally, think about how often you plan on using your outdoor pizza oven. If you only plan on firing it up a few times a year, then you can probably get away with a smaller size. But if you plan on using it regularly, then you’ll need to choose a larger model that can stand up to regular use.
When it comes to choosing the right size for your outdoor pizza oven, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Just make sure to take into account how many people you’ll be cooking for, the space you have available, and how often you plan on using your oven. With that information in mind, you should be able to find the perfect size for your needs.
The bottom line on the best outdoor pizza ovens
Now that you know how to choose and use an outdoor pizza oven, it’s time to start cooking! Wood-fired pizza ovens add an authentic flavor to your pizzas, and they’re a great way to entertain guests. With a little practice, you’ll be making perfect pizzas in no time. 🍕