Infrared thermometers are an essential tool for many different industries and applications. Here, we’ll explore what an infrared thermometer is, how it works, and some of the key features to look for when shopping for one.
10 best infrared thermometers
- Wide Temperature Range: Measure an upgraded temperature range from -58°–1130°F / -50°–610°C and get your result in 500 ms; The display will also show the max temperature of the surface you’re measuring. Perfect heat gun for measuring
- Professional EMS Mode: The Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer has an emissivity range of 0.1–1.0 for precise readings across different surfaces and conditions; Adjust the emissivity by pressing and holding the Up and down buttons on the heat gun
- Non-Contact: 12:1 D:S, the Lasergrip can accurately measure targets from a distance, making it safer to measure dangerous objects; For the best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and the object of measurement should be approximately 14.17 in.
- Additional Functions: The Lasergrip has a backlit LCD screen with a unit conversion feature (°F/°C); It has an auto-off feature to extend battery life and a low battery indicator, so you will not accidentally run out of battery life.
- Versatile Design: Infrared technology allows you to measure the surface temperatures of various objects with temperatures above the boiling point and below the freezing point; Use it for cooking, ovens, A/C, refrigerators, soapmaking, pets’ beds, etc.
- Infrared Thermometer has an optical resolution (distance-to-spot) of 10:1
- Features include targeting laser; automatic hold; backlit display; low battery, auto power-off
- Drop protection to 6.6-Foot (2 m)
- Measurement range is -4 to 752-Degree Fahrenheit (-20 to 400-Degree Celsius)
- Not a medical device; thermometer is NOT intended for use on people or animals
- Better Accuracy: The Lasergrip’s 12:1 distance-to-spot ratio enables you to accurately measure targets from a comfortable distance. For best results, position the oven thermometer approximately 14.17 inches / 36 centimeters away from the target
- Adjustable Emissivity: The upgraded Lasergrip let you quickly change the emissivity from 0.1–1.0 by holding the Up and Down buttons. Whether working on your car or testing the temperature of your grill, the 774 oven thermometer help you get the job done
- Wide Range: Choose your preferred unit and measure temperatures anywhere within the upgraded range of -58°–842°F / -50°–450°C. Then watch as your result appears on the bright LCD display in less than half a second
- Versatile Design: Infrared technology allows you to measure various objects at home and outdoor; Use it for grill, griddle, cooking, vehicle's engine, automotive use, ovens, A/C, refrigerators, DIY jobs, pets's environment,etc.
- Added Features: The new Lasergrip features a Maximum Temperature Mode as well as a backlit LCD display. Additionally, the auto-off function extends battery life, while the low battery indicator lets you know when it’s time for a new pair
- ACCURATE - Our laser thermometer gun has an emissivity range of 0.1 to 1.0 for precise readings across different surfaces and conditions. For best results, the reader should be 14" away from the object.
- VERSATILE - Use this handy laser temperature gun at home and in industrial settings. Check the heat of your oven or griddle, complete HVAC projects, measure the temp of any vehicle's engine, and more.
- EASY TO USE - Simply scan the surface of your object, hold down the trigger of the IR thermometer gun, and release to get live temperature readings anywhere between -58ºF and 1112ºF (-50ºC and 600ºC).
- BRIGHT DISPLAY - Each infrared temperature gun has a large, backlit LCD screen, so you can easily read temperatures in the dark. With 2 AAA batteries included, powering up the thermal gun is a cinch.
- NOT FOR HUMANS - This temp gun thermometer is NOT suitable for human/internal body temperature use. It is designed for repairs around the home, cooking, HVAC and automotive use, and other DIY jobs.
- Non-Contact Technology For Safe & Hygienic Use: With a built-in infrared temperature sensor, the iHealth PT3 thermometer can read a person’s body temperature within 1.18 inches from the center of the forehead without physically touching the person.
- High Accuracy Via Tri-Point Sensory: An ultra-sensitive infrared sensor collects more than 100 data points per second while distance and environmental sensors work together to account for other variables, ensuring maximum accuracy every time the temperature is taken.
- Simple, Fast, Clear, And Quiet: With an intuitive single-button control design, the thermometer reads and shows the temperature in just one second on its easy-to-read, extra-large LED display, even in total darkness. When the temperature is read, the device gives a gentle vibration notification to the holding hand—no beeps or buzzes.
- Suitable For Wide Usage Scenarios & All Age Groups: This iHealth thermometer (model PT3) is designed for all ages, ranging from babies and toddlers to the elderly. An ideal choice for at-home use and for hospitals, hotels, schools, and other public or private establishments.
- In The Box: 1× iHealth PT3 thermometer, 2× AAA batteries, 1× Instruction manual, 1× Quick User Guide, our worry-free 12-month warranty, and friendly California-based customer service.
- Wide Range: Every Etekcity infrared thermometer passes the precise and strict calibration test, so you can accurately measure between -58°–1130°F / -50°–610°C with an accuracy of ±2%. Perfect oven thermometer for measuring
- Easy to Read: We’ve upgraded the Lasergrip 1260 with a color LCD display. The large color fonts display your results and max temperatures more clearly. The oven thermometer help you get the job done
- Emissivity Mode: For increased accuracy, easily change the emissivity from 0.1–1.0 by holding the Up and Down buttons. For normal household use, we recommend using 0.95 emissivity.
- Versatile Design: Infrared technology allows you to measure various objects at home and outdoor; Use it for grill, griddle, cooking, vehicle's engine, automotive use, ovens, A/C, refrigerators, DIY jobs, pets's environment,etc.
- Convenient Features: Just pull the trigger to see precise results in less than 0.5 seconds (Need 1 second to turn on). The reading will be locked after releasing the trigger. Your results remain on the display for 15 seconds before the infrared thermometer automatically turns off.
- Ideal Fever Alarm for Adult and Kids - 3 backlight indicators (Green, Yellow, Red,) for different temperature levels, displayed on the big and clear LCD screen. The LCD screen turns red and sounds an alarm when the temperature is abnormal.
- Non-Contact Digital Thermometer - With clinical validation and medical certification, our forehead thermometer can be trusted for accuracy, safety and easy-to-use. The thermometer, small but handy, is dedicated to providing accurate body temperature and the best care for your family.
- Fast & Accurate - With precise sensor probes and optimized algorithm calculation, the infrared thermometer gives the result of the measurement data within 1 second at most. The clear large LCD screen display, it allows you easy to read day and night.
- Dual Mode & Memory Mode - Hold this smart infrared thermometer close to your forehead and press the button is forehead mode. The object mode is for food and room. For convenience, it can store up to 10 sets of data, you can read the temperature record at any time to track your historical temperature changes. Also, ℉ and ℃ are easily switchable.
- What You Get - 1 x Touchless Infrared Thermometer, 1 x User Manual, 2 x LR03 Batteries. You will also get 12 months replacement from the date of purchase and 24-7 friendly customer service!
- Non-contact Infrared Digital Thermometer: The Superior performance is delivered by its latest NT-01 chip processor, the temperature can be precisely detected within 1-3cm(0.39-1.18 inches) measurement distance, which is faster, safer, more reliably, and can effectively prevent cross-infection between multiple people.
- Instant and Accurate Reading: At the touch of the single-button, the thermometer for home can read fast in just 1 second. The baby thermometer has been clinically tested and approved for its accuracy and reliability, and recommended by medical professionals. The accuracy of temperature measurement is only ±0.4℉.
- Memory Storage & Auto Fever Alarm: The Forehead thermometer can save 35 sets of temperature readings. You can easily track the historical temperature changes. Its LCD screen has 3 different colors(green/yellow/red) according to different temperature levels. The abnormal temperature(red screen) will be accompanied by a warning sound.
- Multi-Mode Thermometer for All Age: The thermometer for fever reads temperatures in ear and forehead for all ages, the temperature thermometer for adults, kids and infants. And it can also measure the object(water) temperature and room temperature. An ideal choice for public, hospitals, restaurants, schools, companies, homes, etc. (℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.)
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: With eco-friendly and safe PP material, the no touch temporal thermometer is not easily broken, please rest assured to use. We provide 12-Month Warranty that ensures you a total hassle-free purchasing. Any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- ►【HIGH ACCURACY】Combining the latest temperature sensor technology and advanced Fresnel lens, this instrument reads values of high accuracy up to ±2% in only 0.5s thanks to adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 12:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance.
- ►【VERSTILE DESIGN】Infrared thermometer can be used both daily and industrial temperature measurement, such as cooking, refrigeration, steel, glass, plastics, food and so on.( NOTE: Cannot be used to measure human forehead temperature / animal temperature) Built-in red laser for precisely aiming.
- ►【HIGHER USER EXPERIENCE】Built-in red laser for precisely aiming, accurately find the measurement target; Color large screen display, clear reading.
- ►【FREE MEAT THERMOMETER】 Can measure the internal temperature range: -50 °C to +300 °C / -58°F to +572°F, fast reading, large-screen LCD display, 304 stainless steel probe, high precision (± 1 ° C / ° F), it can be used for home cooling or for cooking, measuring heating food or daily use. 15 minutes turns off automatically.
- ►【FAMILY BEST GIFT】The infrared thermometer can be used for cooking, barbecue, car repair, home maintenance and repair, or other household tasks. For high temperature, toxic or difficult to reach objects, to use of this product can be safely measured. Used in conjunction with a meat thermometer, it is the best culinary aid for cooks and gourmets, providing better assisted living for everyday life. We provide Lifelong after-sales servic
- 1-SECOND READ: get accurate infrared temperature readings in one second.
- MULTI-USE: read temperatures in ear and forehead, on children and adults, plus touchless for room or bottle temperatures
- EASY-READ ALERT: Get alerted to high temps by screen color and (optional) sound.
- TEMP MEMORY: stores up to 40 previous temperature readings
- PORTABLE: battery-operated thermometer goes where you do, plus stays safe in its storage pouch.
If you’re looking for the best infrared thermometers, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the best options on the market, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Infrared thermometers are a great way to measure temperature without having to physically touch an object. They work by measuring the infrared radiation emitted by an object and converting it into a temperature reading.
There are many different factors to consider when choosing an infrared thermometer, such as accuracy, range, and response time. We’ve considered all of these factors in our list of the best infrared thermometers, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible product.
Here are our top picks for the best infrared thermometers:
1. Fluke 62 Max+ IR Thermometer
The Fluke 62 Max+ IR Thermometer is a powerful and precise tool for measuring temperature. It features a laser sight for easy targeting, a backlit display for easy reading in low light conditions, and a wide temperature range of -20 to +1022 degrees Fahrenheit (-30 to +550 degrees Celsius). The Fluke 62 Max+ also has a built-in emissivity table that allows you to compensate for different surface types, making it an ideal tool for a variety of applications.
2. Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
Are you looking for a reliable and accurate digital laser infrared thermometer? If so, then the Etekcity Lasergrip 774 is a great option to consider. This device is specifically designed to measure the temperature of objects from a distance, without coming into contact with them. It’s perfect for use in a variety of settings, including the kitchen, automotive workshop, and more.
One of the great features of the Etekcity Lasergrip 774 is that it comes with an LCD display. This makes it easy to read the temperature readings, even in low-light conditions. The device also has a built-in backlight, which allows you to take measurements in dark areas. Additionally, the Etekcity Lasergrip 774 has a number of different functions, including a max/min temperature display, an auto-off function, and more.
3. Habor 022HL Digital Infrared Thermometer
The Habor 022HL Digital Infrared Thermometer is a medical device that uses infrared technology to measure body temperature. It is quick and easy to use, making it ideal for use in busy medical environments. The Habor 022HL is suitable for both adults and children, and can be used on different parts of the body including the forehead, ear, and armpit.
The Habor 022HL is accurate and reliable, providing accurate readings within +/-0.2 degrees Celsius. It also has a large backlit LCD display which makes it easy to read even in low light conditions. Habor 022HL is a valuable tool for any medical professional, and is an essential part of any first aid kit.
4. Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer
The Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer is a reliable and accurate way to take your temperature. It is quick and easy to use, making it ideal for those who are not comfortable with traditional thermometers. The Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer also has a backlit display, making it easy to read in low light conditions. Easily one of our top picks.
5. Kinsa Smart Stick Digital Thermometer
The Kinsa Smart Stick Digital Thermometer is a digital thermometer that can be used to take temperature readings orally, rectally, or under the arm. It is easy to use and provides accurate readings. This thermometer is a reliable product that can be used to monitor your health.
6. Vava Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line baby monitor, the Vava Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision is definitely worth considering. This high-tech baby monitor comes equipped with infrared night vision, so you can keep an eye on your little one even in the dark. Plus, the Vava Baby Monitor has a wide range of other features that make it one of the best monitors on the market, including two-way audio, temperature monitoring, and more.
7. Braun No Touch + Forehead Thermometer
The Braun No Touch + Forehead Thermometer is the latest innovation from Braun, the world’s leading manufacturer of thermometers. With its unique no-touch technology, it allows you to take accurate temperature readings without even touching the skin. That means no more worries about cross contamination or potential infection. And with its large, easy-to-read display screen, you can get accurate readings in just seconds. Whether you’re checking for a fever in yourself or your child, Braun No Touch + Forehead Thermometer is the perfect tool for the job.
8. iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer is an infrared thermometer that can be used to measure the temperature of a person’s forehead without making physical contact. The iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer is a non-invasive way to take someone’s temperature. It is quick and easy to use, and it provides accurate readings. This thermometer is ideal for use in homes, offices, schools, and other settings where maintaining cleanliness and avoiding the spread of germs is a priority.
9. Extech IRT500 Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
If you’re looking for an infrared thermometer that is both accurate and easy to use, the Extech IRT500 is a great option. This thermometer can measure temperatures from -20 to 500 degrees Celsius (-4 to 932 degrees Fahrenheit), making it ideal for a variety of applications. The Extech IRT500 also features a backlit LCD display, so you can easily see the temperature readings even in low-light conditions. Plus, with a built-in laser pointer, you can quickly and easily target the area you want to measure.
10. Dr.meter IR01 Non-Contact Forehead Body Gun Thermometer
The Dr.meter IR01 Non-Contact Forehead Body Gun Thermometer is a great choice for those who want a reliable and accurate thermometer. It is easy to use and provides quick and accurate readings. It is also lightweight and portable, making it ideal for on-the-go use. The Dr.meter IR01 Non-Contact Forehead Body Gun Thermometer is a great choice for those who want a reliable and accurate thermometer.
What is an infrared thermometer?
An infrared thermometer is a device that measures the temperature of an object without making contact with it. Infrared thermometers work by measuring the amount of infrared radiation emitted by an object. The intensity of the radiation is proportional to the object’s temperature; thus, by measure the intensity of the radiation, the object’s temperature can be determined.
There are two types of infrared thermometers: those that measure surface temperature and those that measure core body temperature. Surface infrared thermometers are typically used in industrial and commercial applications to measure the temperature of objects from a distance. For example, surface infrared thermometers can be used to measure the temperature of a piece of machinery or a product in a manufacturing process. Core body infrared thermometers are typically used in medical applications to measure the temperature of a person without making contact with them.
There are a few key features to look for when shopping for an infrared thermometer. First, consider the accuracy that you need. Infrared thermometers typically have an accuracy of +/- 2 degrees Fahrenheit. If you need more accurate measurements, look for an infrared thermometer with higher accuracy. Second, consider the distance that you need to measure. Infrared thermometers can measure temperatures from a few inches to several feet away; however, the further away an object is, the less accurate the measurement will be. Finally, consider the type of display that you prefer. Some infrared thermometers have a digital display that shows the temperature readings, while others have an analog display with a needle that points to the temperature reading.
Infrared thermometers are a versatile and essential tool for many different industries and applications. When shopping for an infrared thermometer, be sure to consider the accuracy, distance, and type of display that you need. With these features in mind, you’ll be able to find the perfect infrared thermometer for your needs.
Which infrared thermometer is the most accurate?
There are a few different factors that can affect the accuracy of an infrared thermometer, including the distance from the object being measured and the atmospheric conditions. However, in general, most infrared thermometers are quite accurate.
If you’re looking for the most accurate infrared thermometer, it’s important to consider all of these factors and choose one that will work well in your particular situation.
Distances: The distance from the object being measured is one of the most important factors in determining how accurate an infrared thermometer will be. In general, the closer the better.
Atmospheric conditions: Infrared thermometers rely on light waves to measure temperature, so anything that affects visibility can also affect accuracy. cloudy or foggy conditions, for example, can make it more difficult to get a accurate reading.
Choose an infrared thermometer that is appropriate for your needs: When it comes to accuracy, not all infrared thermometers are created equal. Some are designed for specific purposes and may be more accurate than others in certain situations.
For example, industrial infrared thermometers are often more accurate than those designed for home use. If you need a very accurate reading, it’s important to choose a thermometer that is designed for that purpose.
Take into account all of the factors: The most important thing is to consider all of the factors that could affect the accuracy of an infrared thermometer before making a purchase. By doing so, you can be sure to choose the right one for your needs.
What infrared thermometers do hospitals use?
There are many different types of infrared thermometers on the market, but hospitals typically use those that measure body temperature from the forehead. These devices are quick and easy to use, and they provide an accurate reading of a person’s temperature. Forehead thermometers can be used on both adults and children, making them ideal for use in a hospital setting.
What thermometer do doctors recommend?
There are many different types of thermometers available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. When it comes to choosing a thermometer, it’s important to select one that is accurate and easy to use. So, what thermometer do doctors recommend?
The answer may surprise you: most doctors recommend using a digital ear thermometer. These devices are quick and easy to use, and they provide reliable readings. If you’re looking for a digital ear thermometer, we recommend the Vicks SpeedRead Digital Ear Thermometer. It’s affordable and it gets the job done quickly and accurately.
Digital ear thermometers aren’t the only option, though. Some doctors also recommend using a forehead strip thermometer. These devices are placed on the forehead and they provide a reading within seconds. Forehead strip thermometers can be less accurate than digital ear thermometers, but they’re still a good option if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to take your temperature.
No matter which type of thermometer you choose, it’s important to make sure that you follow the instructions carefully. This will help ensure that you get an accurate reading.
How do I know if my infrared thermometer is accurate?
If you’re using an infrared thermometer, it’s important to know that the device is accurate. There are a few different ways to test the accuracy of your thermometer:
– Use a known hot or cold object: You can test the accuracy of your thermometer by holding it up to a known hot or cold object. For example, you could hold it up to a boiling pot of water or an ice cube. If the thermometer reading is within a few degrees of the actual temperature, then it’s considered accurate.
– Use a temperature calibration device: Another way to test the accuracy of your thermometer is to use a temperature calibration device. These devices are specifically designed to test the accuracy of thermometers.
– Compare readings to another thermometer: You can also compare the reading on your infrared thermometer to that of another thermometer. If both devices are reading within a few degrees of each other, then they’re considered accurate.
Infrared thermometers are a valuable tool, but it’s important to make sure that they’re accurate. By testing the device regularly, you can ensure that you’re getting accurate readings.