MCT oil is a type of oil that is derived from coconut oil. Unlike other oils, MCT oil is composed of medium chain fatty acids, which the body can easily convert into ketones and use for energy.
10 best MCT oils
- Nature's Way MCT Oil, Brain and Body Fuel, provides medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) from coconut.* 100% Potency and contains 14 grams of MCTs per serving, including caprylic and capric acids. See Supplement Facts for Total Fat and Saturated Fat Content.
- MCT Oil helps you feel full and is quickly digested and converted into energy for your brain and body, making it a convenient way to help power your day.*
- Adults take 1 Tablespoon (15mL) 1-3 times daily as needed. Mix this favorless oil into smoothies, shakes, coffee and other beverages or simply take alone. Add it to salads or in yogurt – it’s Paleo, Keto, and Vegan-Certified. 32 servings per container.
- Pure source, no palm or filler oils. Only from premium coconuts. Flavorless and odorless. Hexane-free.
- At Nature’s Way, we believe nature is the ultimate problem solver. For over 50 years, we have looked to the natural world for inspiration. Our quality vitamins and supplements are formulated to help you find your way to wellness.
- BRAIN & BODY FUEL: Sports Research MCT Oil is packed with c8, c10 & c12 fatty acids that may help keep the body in a state of ketosis (when your body uses fat as its main fuel source) while providing valuable brain-boosting energy support*
- NEVER PALM OIL: Our organic MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil is only made from sustainably-sourced 100% organic coconut oil. This means, unlike other MCT oils, we don’t use refined palm oil or contribute to the degradation of palm forests
- KETO, ORGANIC, & VEGAN: Sports Research supplements are formulated with quality in mind. Our organic MCT oil is steam distilled without chemicals, certified USDA Organic, as well as Informed Choice quality tested, Non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free and dairy-free
- FLAVORLESS OIL: Our MCT Oil is unflavored, so you can make your morning complete by mixing it into your favorite coffee, tea, protein shake, or keto smoothie. It can also act as an alternative to traditional oils or fats when cooking your favorite food'
- THE SPORTS RESEARCH DIFFERENCE: Founded in Southern California in 1980, Sports Research is a family-owned business born from a passion for fitness and wellness. Our goal is to embrace the sport of life through research-backed products created for every body—inside and out
- Contains one 16-ounce bottle of premium Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- Pure MCT oil provides rapid mental and physical energy, supports cognitive function and helps control occasional cravings
- Brain Octane C8 MCT oil is extracted from 100% coconut oil, not palm oil, and rapidly converts into brain-powering, fat-burning ketone energy
- C8 (caprylic acid) is the most ketogenic MCT oil; produces 4x the ketone energy of plain coconut oil
- At Bulletproof, we only use science-backed ingredients to deliver maximum benefit. For sustained energy, blend Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil into Bulletproof Coffee, or add it to soups, smoothies, and more
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT: Certified USDA Organic & Non- GMO Project Verified, No palm oil or other filler oils, Hexane-free, Non-Hydrogenated, 0g Trans Fat, Paleo & Ketogenic diet-friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
- QUICK ENERGY BOOST: Organic energy that also promotes brain health
- EASY TO DIGEST: Quickly digested, absorbed & converted into energy
- NATURAL ENERGY: 13g of MCTs (including caprylic & capric acids) only from sustainably-grown organic coconuts
- Unflavored, Coconut MCT Oil
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- Gluten Free
- An Amazon brand
- ✔️ Your Morning Coffee Must-Have For Energy* - Add a tablespoon of MCT Oil organic in your morning coffee or keto shakes to provide you with the much-needed energy to start your day in boss mode when you’re going low/no-carb.*
- ✔️ Promotes Energy & Mental Focus On Low-Carb Diets* – Going low or no-carb can leave you feeling sluggish and dull.* A daily dash of our MCT Oil, extracted from 100% organic coconut oil, can help shake things up by supplying you with energy to help with stamina, and mental clarity.*
- ✔️ Virtually Odorless & Tasteless – Our organic MCT Oil has a barely-there flavor, so even those with a refined palate can enjoy the benefits of MCT Oil. Swap your usual oils for pure MCT coconut oil in homemade salad dressings, sauces, ketogenic smoothies and more.
- ✔️ Keto MCT Oil Supports Fat-Burning Potential* – Because your body handles them a little differently than other sources of fat, MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) can help your body’s ability to burn body fat as energy when you’re in ketosis.*
- ✔️ Made From 100% Organic Coconuts – Free of fillers, outside flavors, and additives, Viva Naturals Organic MCT Oil is extracted from fresh, 100% coconut oil from organic coconuts, each batch third-party tested for quality. It’s also Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Boost Energy: Bulletproof MCT oil, from coconuts, rapidly absorbs in your body and changes into ketones to give you long-lasting energy
- Increase Mental Focus: Do more with brain-boosting, high-energy fuel that provides a reliable and quick source of energy from fat, not sugar
- Curb Cravings: Feel more satisfied with less cravings, assists in weight management; ketogenic
- Burn Fat: MCT oil is only made with C8 and C10 MCTs which metabolizes more efficiently; optimizes performance
- Add To Your Diet: MCT oil can be consumed any time of the day; add to Bulletproof coffee, tea, smoothies, salad dressings for a sugar free boost
- MADE FROM C8, THE MOST KETOGENIC MCT - H.V.M.N. MCT Oil Powder is pure C8 from Coconut (the most ketogenic MCT, period).
- STAY IN KETOSIS LONGER - MCT Oil Powder helps you stay in Ketosis longer, increasing the amount of fat you use for energy.
- KETO & PALEO APPROVED - Support your diet and reduce cravings with no sugar.
- 100% ALL-NATURAL ENERGY BOOST - No artificial ingredients, artificial sweeteners, fillers, preservatives, or additives. Contains no gluten, no dairy, and no sugar.
- TASTES FANTASTIC WITH 6 DELICIOUS FLAVORS - Choose from salted caramel, rich chocolate, creamy vanilla, coconut cream, hazelnut, or unflavored varieties. Upgrade your coffee with a keto creamer or enhance your keto shake with a scoop of keto energy that can be added to just about anything.
- Pure Mct Oil: 100% coconut oil naturally distilled for MCTs to ensure purity and potency
- For A Ketogenic Lifestyle: Just one tablespoon daily can help boost metabolism, energy and brain function
- Helps Burn Fat & Boost Metabolism: A non-carb, gluten free energy source that promotes fat burning by supporting ketosis
- Natural Energy Boost: Full of MCTs that provide a natural energy boost and replace the body's craving for carbohydrates while supporting body’s natural fat-burning processes
- Great With Coffee & Shakes: Colorless and unflavored MCT Oil gives coffee, tea and shakes a nutritious, non-carb boost without altering taste or color
What Does MCT Oil Do?
MCT oil has become a popular supplement among people who follow a ketogenic diet or who are looking for a quick and easy source of energy. MCT oil has a host of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved mental clarity and decreased inflammation.
Additionally, because MCTs are easily absorbed and metabolized by the body, they are often used as a natural treatment for digestive disorders like diarrhea and constipation.
If you’re considering adding MCT oil to your diet, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional to ensure that it’s the right supplement for you.
What Are The Potential Health Benefits of MCT Oil?
MCT oil has been shown to offer a host of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved mental clarity and decreased inflammation.
One of the most well-known benefits of MCT oil is its ability to promote weight loss. In one study, participants who added MCT oil to their diet lost more weight and body fat than those who didn’t. What’s more, the weight loss effects of MCT oil seem to be especially pronounced in those who are overweight or obese.
MCT oil has also been shown to improve mental clarity. One study found that participants who took MCT oil experienced improved mental clarity and cognitive function. What’s more, the effects of MCT oil on mental clarity appear to be especially pronounced in those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
MCT oil has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects. In one study, MCT oil was found to decrease inflammation in rats with arthritis. What’s more, the anti-inflammatory effects of MCT oil seem to be comparable to those of ibuprofen, a common over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication.
What Are The Potential Side Effects Of MCT Oil?
MCT oil is generally well tolerated, but there are some potential side effects that you should be aware of.
The most common side effect of MCT oil is digestive discomfort. This can include symptoms like diarrhea, cramping and gas. If you experience any of these side effects, it’s best to start with a lower dose of MCT oil and increase slowly as your body adjusts.
MCT oil can also cause an increase in ketone levels. This is generally nothing to worry about, but if you are diabetic or have another condition that requires you to monitor your ketone levels, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional before adding MCT oil to your diet.
Finally, MCT oil can also interfere with certain medications. If you take medication for diabetes, high blood pressure or any other condition, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional before adding MCT oil to your diet.
What Is The Recommended Dosage Of MCT Oil?
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone’s body will respond differently to MCT oil. However, it’s generally recommended that you start with a lower dose and increase gradually as your body adjusts. Most people find that taking 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) per day is a good place to start.
If you experience any side effects, it’s best to reduce your dosage or discontinue use altogether. As always, it’s best to speak with a healthcare professional before starting any supplement regimen.
MCT oil is a popular supplement that has been shown to offer a host of potential health benefits. If you’re considering adding MCT oil to your diet, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional to ensure that it’s the right supplement for you.
Is MCT Oil Just Coconut Oil?
MCT oil is a “medium chain triglyceride” which is derived from coconut oil. It is a concentrated source of the specific medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that are found in coconut oil, and is often used as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in food products.
While MCT oil and coconut oil both contain MCFAs, they are not the same thing. Coconut oil is composed of a mixture of different types of fatty acids, while MCT oil only contains the specific MCFAs that are beneficial for health. In addition, MCT oil is more concentrated and easier to digest than coconut oil.
There are many potential benefits associated with MCT oil, including weight loss, improved mental clarity and decreased inflammation. However, more research is needed to confirm these effects.
If you’re interested in trying MCT oil, be sure to speak with your doctor first to discuss whether it’s right for you. You can also find MCT oil in many health food stores or online.
What Are The Negative Effects Of MCT Oil?
Like any other oil, MCT oil has the potential to cause some negative side effects. The most common ones include gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal cramping. Some people may also experience headaches, dizziness, and low energy levels. These side effects are usually temporary and go away on their own. However, if they persist or become severe, it’s important to stop using MCT oil and see a doctor. In rare cases, MCT oil can also cause allergic reactions. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction after using MCT oil, seek medical attention immediately.
Is MCT Oil Actually Good For You?
MCT oil is a type of oil that is derived from coconut oil. Unlike other oils, MCT oil is composed of medium chain fatty acids, which the body can easily convert into ketones and use for energy.
MCT oil has become increasingly popular in recent years as a healthy fat source for people who are following a ketogenic diet or low-carbohydrate diet. Proponents of these diets claim that MCT oil can help you lose weight, increase energy levels, and stabilize blood sugar levels.
However, there is limited scientific evidence to support these claims. In fact, some studies suggest that MCT oil may actually have the opposite effect and contribute to weight gain.
So, what does the science say about MCT oil? Is it actually good for you?
MCT oil is composed of medium chain fatty acids, which the body can easily convert into ketones and use for energy.
MCT oil has become increasingly popular in recent years as a healthy fat source for people who are following a ketogenic diet or low-carbohydrate diet.
There is limited scientific evidence to support the claims that MCT oil can help you lose weight, increase energy levels, and stabilize blood sugar levels. In fact, some studies suggest that MCT oil may actually have the opposite effect and contribute to weight gain.
So, while MCT oil may have some potential health benefits, more research is needed to determine whether or not it is actually good for you.
What Are Some Recipes That Use MCT Oil?
One of the great things about MCT oil is that it can be used in a variety of recipes. Here are some ideas for how to incorporate MCT oil into your cooking:
-Add a tablespoon or two to your morning coffee or smoothie for an energy boost
-Use it as a base for salad dressings or marinades
-Add it to sautéed vegetables or cooked grains for added flavor
-Bake with MCT oil in place of other oils for a healthier option
If you’re looking to add more MCT oil into your diet, give some of these recipe ideas a try! You’ll love the added energy and flavor that MCT oil can provide.
What Is The Best Thing To Cook With MCT Oil?
So, what is the best thing to cook with MCT oil? While you can add MCT oil to any dish, it works best in recipes that are high in fat and low in carbs. Some great examples include bulletproof coffee, fat bombs, and keto pancakes. Adding MCT oil to these recipes helps increase theirfat content while keeping the carb count low, making them the perfect choice for those on a ketogenic diet.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to add MCT oil to your diet, try Bulletproof Coffee. This coffee recipe combines coffee, MCT oil, and butter to create a rich and creamy beverage that is perfect for a morning pick-me-up. Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Fat bombs are another great option when it comes to cooking with MCT oil. These bite-sized snacks are high in fat and low in carbs, making them the perfect snack for those on a ketogenic diet. Fat bombs can be made with a variety of different ingredients, but most often include almond butter, coconut oil, and MCT oil. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then, use a spoon or your hands to form the mixture into small balls. Place the fat bombs in the fridge to set and enjoy!
Keto pancakes are a delicious and easy way to start your day on a ketogenic diet. These pancakes are made with almond flour, eggs, and MCT oil, making them high in fat and low in carbs. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, cook the pancakes on a griddle or in a frying pan over medium heat. Serve with butter and syrup for a delicious breakfast that will keep you energized all day long.
What Does MCT Oil Do For Your Brain?
MCTs are a type of “medium chain triglyceride” which are absorbed and metabolized quickly by the body. In contrast, long chain triglycerides (LCTs) are absorbed and metabolized more slowly.
Since MCTs are metabolized quickly, they are a good source of energy for the brain. Studies have shown that MCTs can help to improve cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
MCTs have also been shown to improve cognitive function in healthy adults. One study found that MCTs improved memory and brain function in healthy adults aged 60-85.
MCTs are a good source of energy for the brain and can help to improve cognitive function. If you are looking for a way to boost your brain power, consider adding MCT oil to your diet.
How Much MCT Oil Should You Take?
If you’re like most people, you probably have questions about how much MCT oil you should take. After all, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!
Here’s what you need to know: the amount of MCT oil you should take depends on your individual needs. Some people may need more MCT oil than others, depending on their unique circumstances.
That said, there are general guidelines that can help you determine how much MCT oil is right for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
– Your body weight: The heavier you are, the more MCT oil you may need.
– Your activity level: If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, you may need less MCT oil than someone who is very active.
– Your health goals: If you’re looking to lose weight, you may need more MCT oil than someone who is trying to maintain their weight.
Keep these things in mind when deciding how much MCT oil to take. And remember, it’s always best to start with a smaller amount and increase as needed. This will help you avoid any potential side effects from taking too much MCT oil.
What Is The Difference Between MCT Oil And Coconut Oil?
There are a lot of different oils on the market these days, and it can be hard to keep them all straight. What’s the difference between olive oil and avocado oil? What about coconut oil and MCT oil?
MCT oil is a type of oil that is derived from coconut oil. Unlike coconut oil, which is a solid at room temperature, MCT oil is a liquid. MCT stands for “medium chain triglycerides,” which are a type of saturated fat.
MCTs are metabolized differently than other types of fat. They are absorbed and metabolized quickly, so they are often used as a source of energy. MCTs can also be used to help promote weight loss.
Coconut oil is also a source of healthy saturated fats. Unlike MCT oil, however, coconut oil is a solid at room temperature. Coconut oil contains a type of fat called lauric acid, which has been shown to have health benefits.
Coconut oil can be used in cooking and baking, as well as in beauty products. It can also be used to help promote weight loss.
So, what’s the difference between MCT oil and coconut oil? MCT oil is a liquid at room temperature and is derived from coconut oil. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and contains lauric acid. Both oils can be used to help promote weight loss.
How Does MCT Oil Affect The Body?
While there is no definitive research on how MCT oil affects the body, it is thought to work in several ways. First, MCT oil provides an alternative source of energy for the body. When used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise plan, MCT oil can help the body burn more fat.
In addition, MCT oil is thought to promote weight loss by increasing thermogenesis. Thermogenesis is a process in which the body burns calories to produce heat. By increasing thermogenesis, MCT oil can help the body burn more calories and ultimately lose weight.
Lastly, MCT oil is believed to improve mental clarity by providing an alternative source of energy for the brain. When the body breaks down ketones for energy, it produces a byproduct called acetone. Acetone is thought to have neuroprotective effects and can help improve mental clarity and focus.
While there is no definitive research on how MCT oil affects the body, it is clear that this type of oil can have a positive impact on overall health. When used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, MCT oil can help promote weight loss, improved mental clarity and decreased inflammation.
Is MCT Oil Considered A Healthy Fat?
MCT oil is a type of saturated fat that is derived from coconut oil. Unlike other types of saturated fats, MCTs are metabolized differently in the body and do not contribute to cholesterol buildup. In fact, some studies have shown that MCTs can actually help to improve cholesterol levels.
MCTs are a great source of energy and can be used to help increase weight loss. One study showed that those who added MCTs to their diet lost more weight than those who did not. MCTs can also help to increase mental clarity and focus.
So, Is MCT oil considered a healthy fat? The answer is yes! MCT oil has many health benefits and can be a great addition to your diet.
Other Factors To Consider
You can also consult a dietitian or a clinical nutrition professional to get more ideas for how to incorporate MCT Oil into you diet, or if you should consider flaxseed oil or palm kernel oil, which are sources of mcts. There are very few adverse effects, and it can help improve your exercise performance and has antimicrobial properties. Just be sure to read the disclaimer on any products you purchase off of Amazon.
MCTs are more easily digested than longer-chain fatty acids found in many other foods. Long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) have 13-22 carbon atoms in the longest chain. The shorter chain fats are much easier to digest, like capric acid and caprylic acid which are found in palm oil and coconut oil.
The Bottom Line On MCT Oil
If you are following a keto diet, low-carb diet, or gluten-free diet, MCT Oil is still a great addition to your dietary supplements. Although it is high in calories, there is no glucose or sweeteners – it can actually help with weight management and prevent obesity with its fat-burning qualities.
If you are looking for a way to improve your cardiovascular health, then consider adding MCT oil to your diet. It is great for your overall heart health and wellness, including lowering your risk for heart disease. Additionally, MCT oil can help you lose weight by increasing energy and preventing cravings.