When it comes to pool time, nothing is more exciting for kids than hopping onto their favorite float and hitting the water. But as with any type of outdoor fun, safety should always be top-of-mind. That’s why we’ve rounded up the 10 best pool floats for kids that are not only fun but safe too.
Each one is designed to keep children afloat while they play in the water and features extra stability and materials designed to last through heavy use. So whether your little ones want a classic inflatable raft or something more unique like a unicorn float or flying saucer, there’s something here that will make swimming even better.
10 best pool floats for kids
1. Starting off our list is the Intex Whale Ride On, a classic inflatable pool float designed in the shape of everyone’s marine mammal. It features two handles for easy and measures 57″ long, giving kids plenty of room to relax as they drift around the pool. The durable 10-gauge vinyl material ensures that this float will last for years to come, and bright colors make it stand out from the rest. If you’re looking for a classic pool float that your kids are sure to love, look no further than the Intex Whale Ride On!
2. Next up is the SwimWays Flying Saucer Pool Float. Perfect for little adventurers, this unique inflatable boasts an otherworldly design complete with alien eyes and antennae, plus a built-in backrest for added comfort. The sturdy 8-gauge vinyl construction makes it strong enough to handle even the most wild of pool parties, and its bright colors make it stand out from the rest.
3. For a more whimsical float, look no further than the SwimWays Unicorn Pool Float. Featuring a unicorn head complete with rainbow mane, this inflatable is designed for those who love all things fantasy. Its large size gives plenty of room for kids to lounge in the water, and its eye-catching colors will make sure they always find their way back home! Made of durable 10-gauge vinyl material, this pool float is built to last through heavy use.
4. If your kids are looking for something a bit more relaxing, the Intex Paradise Pool Float is just what they need. This inflatable features an oversized sun lounger with two built-in cup holders and even includes a headrest for extra comfort. The 8-gauge vinyl construction ensures that this pool float will last through heavy use, while the bright colors make it stand out from the rest.
5. Get ready to soar above the waves with SwimWays Sea Glider Pool Floats! These inflatables feature a seagull design complete with wingspan and detachable fins, plus mesh seat bottoms for added comfort and support. Crafted from durable 10-gauge vinyl, these floats are built to last through heavy use and the bright colors make them impossible to miss. So if your kids are looking for a unique pool float that will have them soaring above the waves in no time, look no further.
6. Next up is the SwimWays Hippo Pool Float. This wacky inflatable features a playful hippo design that’s sure to make your little ones smile. Its 8-gauge vinyl construction makes it strong and durable, while its bright colors make it extra noticeable in the pool. Plus, its built-in headrest adds extra comfort for those long days at the pool!
7. For kids who love animals, the SwimWays Turtle Pool Float is just what they need. This inflatable features a realistic turtle design complete with shell and webbed feet, plus two handles for easy carrying and a mesh seat bottom for added support. Crafted from durable 10-gauge vinyl material, this float is sure to last through heavy use, and the bright colors ensure it will never be hard to spot.
8. Perfect for your little princess is the SwimWays Mermaid Pool Float. This inflatable features a mermaid design complete with fins and a sparkly tail, plus two handles for easy carrying. The 8-gauge vinyl construction ensures that this float will last through heavy use, while the bright colors make it stand out from the rest of the pool toys.
9. Get ready for an adventure on high seas with the Intex Pirate Ship Pool Float! This inflatable measures over five feet long and is designed to look like a real pirate ship complete with sail and flag. The 10-gauge vinyl construction ensures that this pool float will last through heavy use, while the bright colors make it stand out from the rest.
10. Last but not least is the SwimWays Galactic Raft Pool Float. A unique twist on a classic pool float, this inflatable boasts an intergalactic design complete with UFOs and planets. The 6-gauge vinyl construction makes it strong enough to handle even wild rides down the rapids, and its bright colors ensure your kids won’t lose track of it in the crowd.
What are pool floats for kids?
Pool floats for kids are inflatable devices designed to help children stay afloat in the water. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and can include features such as animal designs, built-in chairs, or pop-up canopies to provide shade from the sun. Pool floats for kids should be made from durable materials that will last throughout their years of playtime in the pool.
Additionally, they should meet safety standards set by organizations such as ASTM International and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). It is important to check labels before purchasing a pool float to make sure it meets the necessary safety requirements. Pool floats are great fun for adults too!
For a more relaxing experience, consider getting a large pool float with a built-in chair. These floats provide plenty of back and neck support so you can kick back and soak up the sun without about your posture. Many come with cup holders which make it easy to sip cold drinks while floating in the pool. Whether you are looking for something fun or relaxing, there is sure to be a pool float that meets your needs!
With the right safety measures in place, kids will have hours of safe and enjoyable time playing on their pool floats. Be sure to check labels and do your research before making any purchase to ensure maximum enjoyment as well as safety for everyone involved.
What floaties are best for kids?
Floaties are a great way to help keep your children safe while they are in the water. They provide buoyancy so that swimmers can stay afloat and enjoy the pool safely. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to the best floaties for kids, there are some general guidelines you should consider to make sure you find the right ones for them.
First, think about the age of your child and their swimming ability. For younger children who are just starting out with swimming, arm bands or other adjustable buoyancy products can be helpful while they get used to the water. As they become more confident swimmers, vests or jackets can help support their bodies and improve stability without sacrificing mobility.
For older kids or those who are good swimmers, a variety of floaties are available to choose from. Noodles, water wings, inner tubes and other styles can provide extra buoyancy while also allowing for more freedom of movement than some of the other products on the market. Be sure to look for ones with bright colors and designs that your child will enjoy!
Finally, take into account your budget when selecting floaties for your kids. Many stores offer affordable options in both arm bands and jackets. If you’re looking for something higher end, specialty shops may be able to help – but keep in mind that these items can come with a bigger price tag.
No matter which type of floaties you choose for your children, it’s important to ensure that they are properly cared for. Check the manufacturer’s instructions and keep an eye on wear-and-tear from regular use. Cleaning floaties after each use can help them last longer and keep your kids safe in the water.
By taking into account age, swimming ability, style preferences and budget when selecting floaties for your kids, you can make sure they have the safest and most enjoyable experience possible while in the pool.
What is the safest infant pool float?
When for a pool float, safety should be your primary concern. A quality infant pool float should have an enclosed seat with straps to keep your baby secure and comfortable. Look for a model that is made from durable materials, such as heavy-duty vinyl and nylon webbing, to ensure long-term use.
The seating area should be designed with plenty of leg space, so that your child can move around freely without getting tangled in the material. Additionally, the bottom of the seat should not have any sharp edges or corners which could potentially cause harm. A good infant pool float will also feature bumpers on all four sides to provide extra protection for young swimmers.
It’s important to inspect the product for any signs of wear or damage before you purchase it. Finally, an infant pool float should have an adjustable backrest with a head support to ensure your baby is secure and comfortable. With the right poolfloat, your little one can enjoy hours of fun in the water!
Finally, always follow instructions for use and safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer of your chosen product to ensure it is being used correctly. Additionally, never leave a child unattended in or near a pool – adult supervision is always essential when children are around water. By following these steps, you can rest assured that your little one will be safe and protected while they play in the pool.
Are arm floaties safer than puddle jumpers?
When it comes to keeping children safe while swimming, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Both arm floaties and puddle jumpers have their advantages and disadvantages.
Arm floaties are a type of flotation device that fit over the arms like sleeves. They provide buoyancy when worn, allowing swimmers to stay afloat in the water with minimal effort. The main advantage of arm floaties is that they offer unrestricted movement in the water since they are not restrictive like other flotation devices such as life jackets. However, some parents feel that arm floaties give their child a false sense of security since they do not provide full coverage or support for more serious situations.
Puddle jumpers are inflatable rings that fit around a child’s body and provide them with buoyancy. The main advantage of this type of flotation device is that it provides more support than arm floaties and can be used in areas where swimming instructors may not be available. This makes it a great option for parents who are looking for extra peace of mind when their children are swimming.
When deciding which flotation device to use, parents should consider their child’s age, swimming ability, and the environment they’ll be in. Ultimately, the best way to keep kids safe while swimming is to ensure that they have adult supervision at all times.
Additionally, having your children take swim lessons can help to increase their confidence and safety in the water. By taking the time to make sure that your children are prepared and supervised, you can help ensure that they have a safe and enjoyable swimming experience.
Why can’t kids wear floaties in public pool?
Floaties, also known as water wings, are inflatable devices used to help small children learn how to swim. The bright colors and fun designs make them popular with kids, but such toys are not permitted in public pools because they can be a hazard for other swimmers. Floaties do not provide enough buoyancy to keep an individual afloat and therefore may put the child at risk of going under the surface of the pool if unsupervised.
Additionally, floaties can create an obstruction in crowded swimming areas that can cause collisions between swimmers or lead to entanglement with another person’s limbs or hair. As such, it is important for parents to teach their children proper swimming techniques without relying on floaties when visiting public pools. By taking the necessary steps to ensure their child’s safety and well-being, parents can help keep public pools safe for all.
In conclusion, floaties are not allowed in public pools as they do not provide enough buoyancy and create a hazard for other swimmers. It is important for parents to teach their children proper swimming techniques so they can be safe while visiting public pools. By following these safety guidelines, everyone can have an enjoyable time at the pool without sacrificing anyone’s safety.